Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Status Quo

COMPLACENCY

Yes, I had to look up the spelling. LOL I don't normally write or type this word but it was HEAVY on my mind earlier as I was making dinner, making lunches, and washing the kitchen floor.

It is VERY EASY to say I am "doing all I can" or "doing enough". If I sat down right this moment and did not do one more thing, I don't think anyone would point a finger at me and say, "She could be doing more." Not at all. BUT, what more am I capable of? I mean, I'm working full time, making great money, going to school and getting my degree in May, cooking dinner every night, the kids are out of the house, I plan outings for us, I agree to go to Hooters every Friday night (LOL), and consider myself to be an excellent wife.

This is where my upbringing is a BIG problem. I care about not failing. No one else seems to care!

I am a stubborn person. I do not believe in complacency.

From Merriam-Webster: "Complacency" means:

self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies



I am one aware chick

My mother told me that when I had my first child (Jackie) that I should not work until she was potty-trained. I then had another child when Jackie was 2-1/2 (Christie) and another child when Christie was 2 (Brad). Had I followed my mother's advice I would not have worked for ten years! I know this because I bought diapers for ten years straight.  

School?

Why am I going to school?

To better myself???? Make sure I'm qualified for any jobs I apply for that ask for a Bachelor's Degree even though I have plenty of experience...to CMA...

In the end I think I have to answer my dad's question yelled at me many times when I was younger:

"Are you stupid or something???"

Let's just say the answer is:

"NO"


But thanks for asking...

Next? One SMART Cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment