Saturday, January 30, 2010

GETTING OUR MIND RIGHT

A FEW WORDS ON PLANNING

Do things accidentally happen to people? Or, do they set out to do things?

Accidents? They happen, of course. But surely not everything in life is an accident.

We have "planning abilities" and surely no one would plan to fail unless they had a meaningful reason for doing so. Why am I asking these questions?

I was sitting in my school's cafeteria the other day when an advisor-type looking guy asked a student (whom he seemed to know) how she did last semester. She replied, "I only failed one class." ??? Was that her version of "success"? Has she normally failed MORE than one class where ONLY ONE was great?

To me, and maybe I'm just a bit too picky, if I get a "B" I am not a happy person. I am most likely feeling defeated and resentful wondering what I could have done better or different. An "F"???? That would be nervous breakdown worthy. "D"? same "C"? LOL probably the same.

"C's and D's get degrees?" Not in my world.

Welcome to it :-)

In my world (and I'm not saying that I'm right and all knowing!), nothing is worth doing unless you plan to do it to the best of your ability.

That is why I am PLANNING my path to make SURE I have everything I need in place before proceeding.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for people diving into doing things. Notice I said "people", not "me". I will DIVE in when I'm good and ready. I am giving myself until May to finish school before embarking on my next project.

If I can't give it my full attention and the best of my ability, I don't think I should undertake it at all. In the meantime, I will be developing this blog, taking pictures, practicing posting the pictures, developing my website, having business cards made up, etc. I am practicing "perfection". I do NOT mind criticism.

My hubby (Bless his big heart!) knows this and WILL criticize what I do. He is also good at art (way better than me, in fact), he knows I am a perfectionist, and will be my perfect partner at this.

I will perfect my techniques THEN charge people for my work. And it will be the BEST :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment